JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Implements strategy to deliver corporate new business revenue in support of JDRF’s mission. Develops business relationships with internal and external partners to secure six-to-seven figure gifts. Securing funding for JDRF organizational priorities involves advising on intangible sponsorships that will be integrated into the business and marketing strategies of the prospective company.
Major responsibilities include generating new sales and achieving or exceeding a designated revenue goal, implementing strategy, collaborating with chapters, JDRF staff and volunteers, and supporting the sales process.
- Meets and/or exceeds yearly individual new business revenue goals of $1-3 million and key performance indicators.
- Contributes to identifying, recruiting, cultivating, negotiating and securing new corporate partners, assisting with the entire sales cycle from discovery to solicitation.
- Develops strong relationships with field staff and volunteers and serves as a consultant on corporate new business development for them providing guidance on prospecting, creating sales resources and sharing best practices to drive growth in corporate acquisition across the assigned chapter through consultation and training.
- Collaborates with chapter staff, volunteers, and other national team members to identify new national leads and to develop local chapter pipelines.
- Utilizes opportunities with foundations, organizations, professional service to identify prospects, expand current relationships and improve brand awareness. Occasionally engages with existing and potential organizational leadership in the execution of sales and business development activities.
- Contributes to the management of the sales cycle to secure meetings with prospect decision makers and introduce the JDRF organizational priorities.
- Adopts regular use of CRM which drives monthly team pipeline discussions, associated reporting and ensures accurate sales revenue forecast management.
- Supports JDRF’s corporate guidelines and the work of the Corporate Review Committee to mitigate risk and qualify new corporate leads for the organization.
- Ensures that adequate JDRF approval and approval processes are completed and if required, total project management needs are accomplished.
- 7 years of experience in sales and sales management experience, particularly in selling intangible programs and services
- College degree in Business/Marketing/Management, Health Promotion or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid foundation of and experience in utilizing consultative selling processes.
- Experience and track record of securing national, mutually beneficial partnerships with Fortune 1,000 companies that drive brand awareness and fundraising results for national nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Ability to execute sales and marketing strategies that support partnership goals.
- Ability to develop relationships on behalf of JDRF in the for-profit sector and interact effectively with leadership of major national corporations, retailers, manufacturers, and their agencies.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal teams to deliver creative partnerships that match prospect organization’s priorities and drive toward JDRF goals and objectives.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communications skills and experience developing and delivering sales presentations to both large and small groups.
- Experience in organizational communication, process management, conflict resolution and multi-tasking.
- Ability to analyze situations, find alternatives, interpret rules and adopt practical solutions.
- Ability to work through change based on the organization, accounts, prospects and Corporate Development goals.
- Ability to effectively manage an independent work style and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings based on resolution strategies and goals.
- Proficiency with technology, specifically CRM platforms and business tools (MS Office).
- Ability to close six and seven figure deals and manage million dollar account portfolios preferred.
- Ability to travel (up to 30% of the time) for extended periods of time, including overnight trips up to a full week. The work setting is in home-based office.
Target Salary – $98K – $125K
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
To apply for this job please visit jdrf.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.