Team Assistant, Corporate Social Good Practice
Fenton is a creative communications agency whose clients are non-profit organizations, political advocacy organizations and corporate clients who are set out to do good in the world. We help our clients raise awareness about important issues that affect the most underserved in our cities, schools, healthcare systems and electoral processes.
Our staff provides communication services to our clients, which involves a high volume of client meetings and production of creative communication materials. It’s a fun, fast moving environment, staffed by people who not only care about making a difference in the world, but who care about their team members in a very collaborative and supportive way.
Our fast-growing Corporate Social Good practice seeks a Team Assistant who will support it in driving the day-to-day business and administrative functions.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment and who brings a keen attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a resourceful, highly collaborative team player who possesses strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and who excels at managing a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Able to work independently on projects from conception to completion, the ideal candidate will enjoy meeting deadlines, designing and refining seamless processes, and enhancing internal communications.
Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and booking travel arrangements, supporting events logistics, organizing files, etc., as well as tasks to support the business and marketing functions of the team, such as organizing financial documents and budgets, marketing materials, awards submissions, and more. This position will support and report to the Executive Vice President and head of the Corporate Social Good practice.
Preferred candidates will have corporate office assistant experience, and with professional services firms such as PR communication/advertising/marketing agencies and non-profit organizations. They may have interest in pursuing a career in operations, finance, or project management.
The job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
TEAM PROJECT SUPPORT
- Manage calendar for the Executive Vice President/Practice Lead and support on ad-hoc projects.
- Provide project support for various team members, such as:
- Scheduling calls and meetings
- Booking travel
- Taking thorough meeting notes and disseminating to all parties
- Conducting research
- Supporting new business and marketing initiatives, maintain and organize document archival on thought leadership and awards submissions
- Organizing and maintaining practice files, budgets, financial documents, proposals, marketing materials and more
- Maintaining complex meeting calendars for project teams
COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS
- Help ensure clear communications across the team and between the team and the broader organization.
- Track, manage, and follow up on external contacts with professionalism, cultivating ongoing relationships as needed.
- Manage inventory of team communications materials.
- Support team-wide scheduling for regular team meetings and occasional team events.
- Manage logistics and coordinate with a variety of parties for virtual and in-person events.
- Arrange travel plans and meetings.
- Facilitating catering orders, purchasing and sending client gifts.
- General administrative support.
- HS degree or equivalency
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to regularly communicate in a virtual setting with practice leads, including use of email, phone and Slack
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Team Assistant = $50,000 – 60,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
We have adopted a hybrid remote/in-office worksite model. You have the option to work remotely from your home and will travel to Company meetings/events as needed, or you can work from any one of our office locations. When business related travel is required, it will be approved in accordance with our standard Travel and Expense policy. All travel plans and cost must be approved in advance. This position is prefered to be in the Washington, DC metro area.
Fenton is an anti-racist and intersectional organization that prioritizes the needs of those who have been historically marginalized or oppressed. We do the work of creating positive social change as an act of repairing the harm done to those who have been and are currently disenfranchised across racial, gender, sexual orientation and preference, religious and other marginalized backgrounds. We are committed to doing work that is rooted in justice and equity and continuing to learn how to do this work better.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email Human Resources (email@example.com) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.