Website enCourage Kids Foundation
Humanizing healthcare for children in the hospital.
ABOUT ENCOURAGE KIDS FOUNDATION
Since 1985, enCourage Kids Foundation (EKF) has helped humanize healthcare for children and their families. EKF assesses the needs of sick kids and families in the hospital environment and develops and provides programming which aligns with those needs. This unique partnership with the child life community and hospital partners nationwide allows enCourage Kids to gain firsthand knowledge of the challenges children face during their medical journey. enCourage Kids is proud to have awarded more than $16 million to date to support 850 hospital programs that benefit pediatric patients. EKF is committed to lifting kids’ spirits, supporting their psychosocial wellbeing, and improving patient outcomes. EKF serves nearly one million kids annually.
enCourage Kids Foundation seeks an ambitious fundraiser to support its Development Department. The Development Manager will be involved in multiple projects to assist in the department’s individual and corporate giving initiatives and special events. Additionally, this position will be responsible for donation entry in EKF’s Salesforce CRM. Candidate should be a resourceful and results-oriented self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual Giving and General Development
- Assist the Director of Development in designing and implementing a fundraising plan that meets the goals and objectives of EKF’s goals and strategic plan.
- Assist with institutional giving, including prospect research, proposals, and grant impact reporting.
- Support the President in identifying and prioritizing key funding sources/opportunities and devise targeted funding strategies.
- Collaborate with the President and the Director of Development on donor pipeline and moves management development to provide a holistic, strategic donor experience at EKF.
- Maintain clear and accurate records in Salesforce.
- Support all areas of development including: direct mail and digital campaign solicitations, donor presentations, annual reports and newsletters.
- Conduct donor research for individual donors to ensure new revenue streams and create a pipeline of recurring and mid-level donors.
- Assist with implementing a fundraising strategy to secure corporate donors, corporate employee giving, and manage corporate volunteer initiatives.
- Manage gift entry and ensure accuracy of donor records.
- Create and prepare donor acknowledgement letters.
- Special Events
- Assist with all aspects of the organization’s special events.
- Serve in key support role at all fundraising events.
- Manage recruitment and tracking of in-kind sponsors or underwriters for event goods and services, and coordinate auctions, raffles, and other event components.
- Young Professionals Board
- Liaise with the Young Professionals Board and oversee its fundraising initiatives.
- Grow committee engagement and membership.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional research and communication skills, excellent organizational and analytical skills, eagle-eye attention to detail with a commitment to high quality work product, an enthusiasm for learning, and a willingness to take on large and small projects.
- Mission driven and passionate about enCourage Kids Foundation’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university.
- 3+ years of non-profit experience; solid foundation in fundraising is a plus.
- Experience with donor cultivation strategy and tracking information in a CRM Salesforce experience a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience using Microsoft Office. Adobe Suite and Mailchimp a plus.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Committed to high performance and working collaboratively with the EKF staff to further the mission of the organization.
- Must be able to work with diverse constituencies and support an inclusive work environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS
enCourage Kids offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k retirement savings plan, and a generous vacation package. Salary ranging between $60,000 – $65,000, and is commensurate with experience.
Please note that the enCourage Kids Foundation team works 3-4 days in the office per week in their Midtown Manhattan location.
enCourage Kids Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. enCourage Kids is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to Emma Wolk, Director of Development at Emma@encourage-kids.org and reference “Development Manager” in the subject line. Candidates must submit required information to be considered. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org