Website Habitat for Humanity International
At Habitat for Humanity International, HFHI, our national direct marketing program is going through significant growth and transformation, and we are hiring five new team members! Do you love crossing the intersection between various direct marketing channels? Are you an incredible and tenacious project manager who thrives on new challenges and seeing projects through to completion? Does innovation and having a national impact for years to come appeal to you?
For over 30 years, Habitat’s direct marketing program has had a national fundraising footprint. With the program’s long-term success, we now have the opportunity to re-imagine fundraising. The direct marketing team’s work is evolving in an exciting way, and we need your expertise to make it happen. We are developing an omni-channel, more digitally-focused approach to the way we raise funds to support the mission, and are also changing the way we raise funds in collaboration with our 1,100 affiliates across the US. The right candidate will join a team of talented and passionate professionals who are reshaping the future of Habitat’s direct marketing and fundraising!
This position will be based at our headquarters office in Atlanta, GA and may be eligible to work several days a week remotely.
About the Role:
We are seeking to hire an experienced Donor Development Manager. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Donor Development, this position is a two-year position responsible for supporting the Donor Development fundraising group to drive unrestricted revenue and a limited amount of restricted revenue. The Manager works with Directors on multiple programs – appeals, renewals, mid-level, monthly giving, acquisition, and reinstatement.
This position focuses on integration of production and creative between the national and affiliate programs, integration between the offline (mail and telemarketing) and digital channels, new integrated initiatives in affiliate markets (i.e. face-to-face, connected TV, direct response TV, mid-level, etc.). The key to success includes developing and delivering projects to enhance and expand the fundraising capacity and to increase efficiencies within Donor Development. Other responsibilities include streamlining creative and production, ensuring quality control, campaign reporting and analysis, developing business processes, and managing database, technology and reporting needs.
Work with Sr. Director of Donor Development, Director of Acquisition and Monthly Giving, Director of Donor Development and Associate Director of Collaborative Operating Model (COM) to manage the external vendor facing portions of production and creative for the affiliate campaigns into one integrated model with the National program, including the following duties:
– Manage database functions to ensure they are streamlined, accurate and structured in a way that will support a future-state model, including quality control of data files, campaign segmentation and overlap analysis; create data queries; activate marketing efforts in our CRM system; approve counts, prepare data instructions; secure reporting/analysis from vendors; and create and document business processes that are sustainable for the future (25%)
– Work with directors and external vendors on management of campaign strategy and implementation of fundraising solicitations and cultivation efforts, including provide input into strategy; manage copy/art routing and secure feedback and approvals; procure laser variables from affiliates and ensure expectations are met; and determine cost efficiencies and scalability needs are met (25%)
– Work with the directors, external vendors and finance to help manage the accounting, finance and purchasing functions for the Direct Marketing team (10%)
– Collaborate with the digital fundraising group to help create an omni-channel, integrated donor journey with our offline (mail and telemarketing) and digital fundraising efforts (10%)
– Collaborate with the database group on the future development of the shared data platform; internal reporting and analysis of fundraising efforts; managing effective use of modeling tools; and streamlining business processes (10%)
– Work with directors to research and implement new integrated initiatives in COM markets such as mid-level donor advancement program, face-to-face, connected TV, direct response TV, artist program, etc. (10%)
– Provide support to Sr. Director with cascading information, leading and preparing presentations for professional development sessions and managing topics for meetings with donor development team (10%)
– Bachelor’s degree
– 5+ years of related experience in nonprofit fundraising managing multiple projects and experience managing direct marketing mail, telemarketing and digital campaigns
– Experience collaborating with others in a complex, matrix-structured, multinational, dynamic organizational environment
– Strong analytical skills and experience creating reports
– Exceptional communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, with excellent listening skills
– Passion for and commitment to the Habitat for Humanity mission
– Strong technology skills and experience that ideally includes an understanding of large-scale database management, nonprofit constituent relationship management systems, and web-application development processes
– Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving, and the ability to take advantage of emerging opportunities and trends
– Individual with confidence and a positive “can-do” attitude are essential
– Individual of unquestionable integrity whose professional and personal conduct reflect Habitat’s values
– Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently
– Microsoft Office Suite experience (Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, PowerPoint) required
Active support of HFHI values and commitments:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
– Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
– Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
– Safeguarding — HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
– Experience working in a federated organization with chapters or affiliates
About Habitat for Humanity:
Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
At Habitat for Humanity International, we embrace a history rooted in creating equity and take our mission seriously by courageously committing to a culture and workplace where all staff feel safe, welcome, visible, respected, supported and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we realize that our success depends upon building an inclusive workforce of diverse perspectives and encourage people of varied races, ethnicities, national origins, tribes, religions, ages, gender identities and expressions, genders, sexual orientations, marital statuses, disabilities, veteran/reserve national guard statuses, socio-economic statuses, thinking and communication styles to work with us.
We also require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.