Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Responsible Investing team at Nuveen is seeking a Director to join our Nuveen Global Investments business reporting to the Global Head of Responsible Investing. The role is focused on ensuring our business is well positioned to meet the growing demand for responsible investing capabilities globally, particularly in the area of impact investing, measurement and management. The individual will demonstrate solid subject matter expertise and will be expected to partner with teams across the organization to design and deliver industry-leading impact measurement and management approaches across multiple asset classes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Own and deliver Nuveen’s firm-level impact measurement and management strategy. Set and maintain definitions, standards, and taxonomies and harmonize practices across asset classes in alignment with industry standards. Partner with and educate investment, product, and marketing teams to implement these definitions and standards in existing and new investment strategies and client-facing materials.
- Expand Nuveen’s impact measurement capabilities via innovative data sources, developing internal capabilities and selecting external partners to create and maintain a leading edge.
- Enhance and create impact portfolio-level measurement frameworks that inform investment underwriting process, focusing on thematic outcomes including the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Conduct research on impact related thematic issues and their relevance across asset classes.
- Work with Analysts and Portfolio Managers to evaluate impact of holdings and portfolios, including management of existing impact measurement reporting activities for existing RI products and portfolios.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of current sector developments, market trends, new mechanisms for impact, and peers in the field.
- Serve as resource for R&D on new impact investing services, products, solutions and capabilities. Support the development and launch of new impact investing products through research, impact strategy development, and advising portfolio management teams.
- Collaborate with multiple business teams to support the impact investing marketing and distribution strategy, including the development and continuous enhancement of fund and portfolio-level reports, research and white papers, thought leadership, and related collateral.
- Engage with clients directly to market our Responsible Investing capabilities across Nuveen’s asset classes with a focus on impact.
- Raise the profile of Nuveen by representing the RI team in leadership roles within industry groups and initiatives related to impact measurement and sustainable development investing.
- Provide content and input to develop Nuveen executives’ platforms, informing speeches, talking points, event participation and other activities related to impact.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated interest in the responsible investment field, ideally through professional experience working with asset managers and subject matter expertise related to impact investment and impact measurement across asset classes.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in response to ambiguity and evolving client expectations, with the ability to close the gaps between ‘current state’ of impact data & disclosure and the future vision for the discipline.
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement & management approaches across public and private markets
- Self-starter with a collaborative yet entrepreneurial work style, with strong organizational and project management skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Proven ability to work in diverse team environment, as well as independently; comfortable with interaction across business lines and with executives and senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a personable approach capable of building relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with familiarity with financial modeling tools.
- Ability to balance multiple and diverse priorities while delivering quality product.
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters strongly preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of related experience in financial services and/or experience working in the field(s) of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, or responsible business.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit tiaa.taleo.net.