Website Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
“If we can get one child adopted into a loving family, all our work will be worth it.”
— Dave Thomas
Join us as we champion our mission to dramatically increase the number of adoptions of children waiting in North America’s foster care systems. We’ve helped more than 13,500 young people find safe, permanent homes across the United States and Canada, but our mission is not complete. Invest your career in making a difference and join the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption team.
We offer a supportive workplace where you can make an impact. We are dedicated to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment for Foundation staff, while advocating for measurable change toward racial equity within the child welfare system.
We are looking for excellent talent to support our mission. Located in Dublin, Ohio, the manager, partnership and event communication collaborates with external partners, creating impactful materials and supporting fundraising campaigns and events. We are seeking a skilled communicator and strong writer who can develop compelling content to be shared across various channels. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to learn more and apply.
1. Support the creation of materials that help external partners educate their clients/customers and networks to expand the reach of the Foundation’s mission, including:
- Articles and stories that educate about the urgent need for foster care adoption to feature in their internal and external communications channels, including emails, publications, presentations, etc.
- Messaging that supports fundraising campaigns and other ways to get involved (e.g., estate planning and workplace giving), including emails, social media posts and web (e.g., lightboxes, donation pages and interstitial pages)
2. Develop content that supports external partners’ marketing of in-person and virtual fundraising events benefiting the Foundation, including emails, social media copy, event signage, messaging, scripts and giveaway items
3. Develop action-oriented reports for partners’ campaigns (mining data from Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Luminate and other platforms) to guide future implementation; track progress in Asana to inform internal teams and external partners
What You Bring:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications, including event marketing
- Experience in a consulting agency or national nonprofit organization is a plus
- Knowledge of effective partnership and event communications strategies, leveraging print, email, video, earned media, web and social media to advance an organization’s mission and goals
At the Foundation, our team is committed to providing unwavering dedication to change the journey for children lingering in foster care. We value each member of our team, and we are committed to taking care of you. Beyond joining our talented team and the opportunity to make a difference, we are proud to offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits program, including:
- Flexible, hybrid schedule arrangement for most positions allowing employees to choose to work from home up to two days a week
- First day of hire medical, dental and vision insurance coverage for you and your family
- Employer-funded health reimbursement account (HRA). The HRA is a tax-advantaged account, funded solely by the employer to help you pay for medical expenses. Your HRA debit card may be used to pay up to $4,500 (individual coverage) or up to $9,000 (family coverage) per year.
- Employer-paid basic life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
- Eligibility for a 403(b)-retirement match program up to 5% after the first year of employment
- Adoption-Friendly Workplace providing financial benefits and paid time off for adoptive parents
- Generous paid time off, including paid holidays, paid personal, vacation and sick days as well as parental leave, adoption leave and foster care leave
- A connected team environment that embraces a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Career advancement opportunities and continued education
- A comprehensive offering of additional voluntary benefits!
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, religious beliefs, political affiliation, creed, HIV/AIDS status, ethnicity, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, familial status, veteran/military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or any other category protected by applicable law. Any employee who engages in such conduct is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.