Website Civil Air Patrol National Headquarter
Congressionally chartered, non-profit corporation
The Chief of Marketing and Strategic Communications (CMSC) is a newly created position within Civil Air Patrol (CAP), the volunteer civilian auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force. The successful applicant will develop, lead and execute CAP’s overall brand strategy and marketing and strategic communications plan. As a minimum, this plan will include integrated marketing, field marketing, brand strategy, internal and external communications, public service announcement campaigns, social media and creative services.
This executive will build and extend CAP’s message so that the organization gains exposure, notice and support commensurate to the extensive value we provide to our nation and the communities we serve. The ideal CMSC will:
• Excel at telling the unique stories of our organization, using a variety of new and traditional media tools and tactics, and by coaching a network of nationwide volunteers to capture and publicize the amazing accomplishments of our members.
• Build and extend CAP’s national brand so that the organization gains greater confidence from a broad range of stakeholders, including but not limited to military leadership, government officials, corporate partners, educators, potential donors and members, and the citizens and communities we serve.
• Work as a partner with our Chief of Philanthropy to develop effective and impactful partnerships with other organizations and businesses and support and reinforce CAP’s ongoing efforts to recruit and retain volunteer members.
• Lead a team of paid marketing and communications professionals at CAP’s National Headquarters, plus a team of national-level volunteer staff and volunteers serving in every state, plus the District of Columbia, the territories of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Also, this executive will play a critical communications role in support of CAP’s search and rescue and disaster relief missions, serving as the public affairs liaison with Air Force counterparts and curating CAP’s content and messaging during significant regional or national events.
ABOUT CIVIL AIR PATROL
Civil Air Patrol, a congressionally chartered, federally supported non-profit corporation, is America’s premier public service organization for carrying out emergency services and disaster relief missions nationwide. CAP’s vigilant citizen volunteers are there to search for and find the lost, provide comfort in times of disaster and work to keep the homeland safe. Our over 61,000 members selflessly devote their time, energy and expertise toward the well-being of their communities, while also promoting aviation and related fields through aerospace/STEM education and helping shape future leaders through our cadet program. Volunteer members of CAP wear Air Force-style or corporate uniforms and follow a military chain of command. We are led by a volunteer CEO, who carries the rank of Major General as our national commander, and is supported by paid civilian executives, based at our National Headquarters at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Alabama.
Brand and Marketing Strategy: This executive will provide leadership and direction for an enterprise-wide brand strategy, including refining and tracking brand success metrics and integration of the brand into all communications. Also, this executive will:
• Identify creative opportunities (in-kind, pro bono or partnership) to secure external services and expertise to assist in the research, evaluation and execution of marketing campaigns;
• Provide leadership and direction in the development and delivery of marketing-related training and communications support to local units;
• Introduce insights and integrated marketing techniques that will connect key stakeholders;
• And plan, coordinate, and direct proactive national media relations and community relations strategies that promote understanding of the mission and contributions of the organization among the general public.
Strategic Communications: This executive will develop and execute a targeted, proactive year-round communications and media strategy across traditional, digital and social media channels. Also, this executive will:
• Guide and implement an executive communications plan (both external and internal messaging) including, but not limited to crafting email, video, social media, blog posts and speeches for senior leadership;
• Ensure media and marketing visibility for major CAP events;
• Manage the corporation’s crisis communications planning and responses;
• Oversee media and messaging output by volunteer public affairs officers during major CAP missions and events;
• And serve as an official spokesperson for senior leadership and the corporation when dealing with the media as well as establishing and maintaining rapport with representatives of regional and national news media organizations.
Partnerships: This executive will incorporate strategic alliances and partnerships with companies or entities that share common goals and add value to the brand image of CAP. Also, this executive will:
• Partner with the Chief of Philanthropy to support corporate marketing relationships, prospects, sponsorships and affinity group engagement to build awareness and drive financial resources;
• Work closely with Air Force partners in support of Total Force activities, for consistent, timely and necessary communications.
Executive Leadership: This executive will lead a high-performing professional team, providing supervision and support to direct reports and with the ability to pitch in and execute hands-on when necessary. Also, this executive will:
• As part of the Senior Management Team, advise the CEO, COO and other senior leaders on marketing and strategic communications;
• Maintain a thorough and current understanding of marketing and communications strategies, trends, tools and practices;
• Develop directives to implement and support CAP’s marketing and communications efforts.
• Ten years of demonstrated success in this career area, with a minimum of five to seven years of proven leadership in marketing and communications, brand management and/or new marketing strategy development, including extensive and successful experience in a top leadership position in marketing. Non-profit marketing preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, public relations or related field. A master’s degree in marketing, related field or MBA is preferred.
• Proven track record in development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication plans.
• A track record of building, managing and mentoring high-performing teams that produce timely, cost-effective, high-quality results.
• Strong leadership, analytical, and strategic planning skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational boundaries to achieve results.
• Knowledge about Civil Air Patrol or the military preferred, as well as familiarity with emergency services operations and the role of public information officers.
Work location preferred to be CAP National Headquarters. However, leadership will consider telecommuting to be an option for the right candidate.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: CMSC@capnhq.gov. Please include job title in the subject line.
Civil Air Patrol provides an inclusive environment for a diverse group of employees and volunteers, where opportunities and equal access are demonstrated at all levels. For more information about our organization and its values, please visit https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com.
Application closeout date: January 3, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to CMSC@capnhq.gov