CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Do you love working with donors and have great project management skills? Do you love events? Do you want to bring attention to the role CARE plays in making a difference in the lives of vulnerable women and girls around the world?
CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty by lifting up women and girls, is seeking a dynamic and effective Fundraising & Event Coordinator to provide best-in-class support for CARE’s corporate and major donors who support and engage in our high-profile, brand building fundraising events. This position primarily focuses on CARE’s annual Impact Awards and also provides additional coordination, administration and fundraising support for CARE’s other flagship events throughout the year, including CARE’s annual Conference/Summit in May, CARE’s Corporate Council and Global Leader’s Network programming, as well as additional fundraising events as requested. This role is instrumental in helping CARE financially enhance our ability to deliver our programs and impact in the US and Globally.
This critical role will steward partners, provide exceptional client/partner support, and ensure that partnership deliverables are met and exceeded by both CARE and our event partners.
- Event Coordinator – CARE Impact Awards
- Event Support For Other Annual Donor events
- Serve as a Salesforce Champion
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in supporting program, conference and/or event planning preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, procedures, and available resources
- Outstanding organization skills, including scheduling, promoting and arranging
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders, including elected officials and other dignitaries, high level donors and volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including telephone and email correspondence, proofreading and editing; comfortable speaking in front of small groups and able to host those attending events tactfully and persuasively
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, Internet research, E-mail and file management (prefer Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience with fundraising software preferred
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently; ability to organize resources and establish priorities
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Flexible schedule required as event deadlines require work outside the 9 to 5 business hours
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.