CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty, is seeking a dynamic leader to identify and broker corporate partnerships that will boost CARE financially and enhance our ability to deliver programming in the US and globally. The Director of Development, Corporate Partnerships will increase sponsorships and cause opportunities and drive philanthropic investments that enable CARE’s continued programs and growth.
The Director of Development, Corporate Partnerships, reporting to the Execuctive Director (ED) of Corporate Partnerships, focuses on generating significant annual corporate revenue and brand value through the development, pitching and securing of partnerships focused on key moments and signature campaigns with current and new corporate partners in alignment with the Corporate Partnerships team’s strategy for growth. This team member also supports the ED in developing strategic packaging and positioning to expand sponsorship and cause investments from our current partners.
This person contributes to the Corporate Team’s vision and key account strategies for partner growth by opening doors with prospective new partners. Cross-functional collaboration with key internal stakeholders in the financial, legal, and communications team is crucial for success. The ideal candidate will be able to manage expectations for both Corporate partners and internal stakeholders to ensure goals of each are met.
- Work closely with the ED on revenue generational and partnership development with a goal to secure $1-$2 million in annual revenue
- Identify and execute cause marketing plans for new prospective partners as CARE continues to build our expertise and cause marketing moments
- Serve as liaison between the corporate partnerships team and marketing with a primary focus on International Women’s Day, International Day of the Girl, Giving Tuesday, Holiday and Mother’s Day/CARE Package events
- Collaborate with key account teams or as the lead on new partners to interface with partner’s marketing teams and CARE’s Marketing and Communications Team during the pitch process, creative development and execution to ensure best-in-class integration and delivery
- Work collaboratively across all areas of as an advisor and partner where corporate cause marketing activities have broader impact or implications
- Work with team members on employee engagement ideas and postings to increase donation opportunities
- Serve as lead point with 3rd party platform to create and track online campaigns, review reports to provide updates to Relationship Managers about funding from different corporate partners
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or operational management of revenue development at either for profit/non-profit. Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered.
- 5-10 years’ cause marketing and new account development experience
- Strong relationship builder with demonstrated experience cultivating new corporate partnerships
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Outstanding organization and project management skills, and a high commitment to customer service
- Ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders, including high level donors, influencers, volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including telephone and email correspondence, proofreading and editing; comfortable speaking in front of small groups and able to host those attending events tactfully and persuasively
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently; ability to organize resources and establish priorities
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Flexible schedule required as deadlines may require work outside the 9 to 5 business hours
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.