Website Save the Children
The Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships will play a supportive role in driving strategy, impact, growth and satisfaction of existing corporate partners of Save the Children. You will lead and support ambitious partnerships that leverage the positive power of business to create social impact that is sustainable and at scale.
The primary purpose of this role is to grow and steward existing corporate partners to create shared value – simultaneous social and business impact – in support of Save the Children’s domestic and international programs. You are expected to help unlock the full potential of a corporation to drive impact for kids.
You will be responsible for collaborating with the team to unlock at least $3.5 million from partners. In concert with others, you will strategize, engage, align and implement alongside a corporation to drive greater scale, sustainability, and effectiveness of outcomes for kids.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Revenue Generation & Stewardship through Impact Partnerships (70%)
- Develop, manage and steward 2-4 medium profile existing corporate partnerships and support 1-2 high profile existing corporate partnership, together generating no less than $3.5 million in cash on an annual basis.
- Lead and/or support all applicable aspects of the partnership such as: programmatic funding support; cause promotions; licensing; product, media and/or skill donations; communications / recognition plans; workplace giving; and employee engagement.
- For all partners, hold strategic planning sessions to develop ambitious account plans.
- Set clear account objectives and reaching KPIs.
- Act as a liaison with other areas of the Agency to ensure client programs are effectively executed.
Contribute to the Success of the Overall Team Strategy (15%)
- Support the Corporate Team strategy to drive impact partnerships with corporations.
- Lead cross-departmental working groups to benefit the team
- Serve as a mentor, manage interns, etc.
Knowledge Management (10%)
- Stay up to date in industry trends related to the private sector, shared value partnerships, cause marketing and international development.
- Ensure information sharing with other Save the Children member offices.
- Support in capacity building of fundraisers in other member markets
Support External Visibility (5%):
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive visibility for Save the Children and our Corporate Partnerships.
- Ensure visibility on social platforms by suggesting content and engaging on social as appropriate, and leveraging all other channels to drive engagement.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent related experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic goals; develop relationships in a positive trajectory and generate revenue (6 and 7 figure gifts)
- Proven knowledge of current theories and practices in corporate social responsibility
- Demonstrated proficiency with professional presentation skills and written and verbal communications in English
- Proven success in collaborative interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to navigate challenging situations to achieve goals and deadlines
- Proven ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Demonstrated success in client relations
- Proven ability to successfully navigate ambiguous situations and goals
- Proven success in driving projects through to completion
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally
- International experience and working knowledge of additional languages desirable
- Experience managing all types of complex relationships, inclusive but not limited to complex multi-country partnerships, cause-related marketing campaigns, and Shared Value initiatives
- Consultative experience, with proven results conceptualizing, negotiating and delivering upon complex client needs – particularly when such issues are relevant to the work of Save the Children or the NGO sector in general
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save The Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families— requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism embedded in this country. Save the Children will not tolerate racism in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people of color to fight for equal rights and justice.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.