David Barnett invented the earliest iteration of today’s PopGrip in 2010 to prevent his earbuds from tangling. Launched from his garage, PopSockets grew exponentially over the next seven years. Popsockets’ core products include phone grips, mounts and wallets, with wireless charging devices and on-the-go beauty products following close behind.
The Poptivism program leverages the popularity of the company’s core product to make a positive impact within communities around the world and encourages public engagement in activism and philanthropy. Each Poptivism product is customer-generated.
The program works like this: customers submit original artwork for their custom charity PopGrip and choose their nonprofit beneficiary through our web-based Poptivism platform. PopSockets creates a product sales page featuring the grip, their name, their inspiration and their charity’s mission. The ‘Poptivist’ then receives a unique web link to share with their network. Each Positivism product sale triggers a 50% donation to its associated charity, exactly half of the sale price.
High-level PopSockets goals for the Poptivism program:
- Solicit customer direction on PopSockets’ philanthropic giving
- Provide a platform for Gen Z to amplify their activism and donation power
- Raise the bar on corporate cause-marketing promotions by implementing an ongoing, unlimited 50% donation for all Poptivism product sales
- Increase customer engagement through Ecommerce and social media platforms
- Leverage third-party charity endorsements of our DoGood program
- Increase overall PopSockets sales by driving new traffic to our Ecommerce site
- Strengthen brand affinity
As a result, more than 125,000 Poptivism grips have been sold to date and customer cart size is higher than average when Poptivism products are purchased.
Nonprofit contributions total more than $900,000. Poptivism has empowered more than 2,000 customers to make a positive difference for the cause(s) they are most passionate about. These Poptivists have submitted 5,200 Poptivism designs over 12 months. At any given time, at least 1,000 Poptivism designs are available for sale to benefit 300+ charity partners.