Habitat's "Home is the Key" campaign helps unlock the future for families
Coming “home” will have a different meaning for the New York Mets as they kick off the baseball season on April 3. Habitat for Humanity will launch its first nationwide cause campaign, Home is the Key during the Mets home opener to raise awareness and support of the critical need for affordable housing in the country and around the world.
The campaign will gather sponsors, celebrities and community leaders for a month of activities and build events across the country. Consumers can help Habitat’s efforts by purchasing products from participating partners, sharing #HomeIsTheKey on social media, or donating at habitat.org.
Thanks to partners that have joined the campaign, numerous opportunities are available in April for the public to get involved or to help generate awareness of the need for affordable housing:
- Nissan: For every #HomeIsTheKey social post, Nissan will donate $1 to Habitat, up to $250,000. Nissan and Habitat have partnered together for over a decade and have helped families all over the world build and own their home.
- At Home Stores: The home décor superstore will sell special edition candles with 100 percent of the proceeds going to Habitat. Opportunities to donate at check-out will also be available.
- BLACK+DECKER: Building on a 25-year local partnership with Habitat, BLACK+DECKER will use its social media channels to promote the campaign and drive awareness of the need for decent, affordable housing.
- Kum & Go Convenience Stores: Customers will have the opportunity to donate to Habitat at checkout. Continuing its annual in-store fundraising competition for the fourth year, Kum & Go will build a new Habitat home in the community that raises the most donations.
- HSN Cares and Ballard Designs: Habitat will be the featured nonprofit partner for HSN and Ballard Designs in April. Shoppers can contribute throughout the month. HSN Cares is sponsoring and volunteering to build two homes in their hometown of St. Petersburg, Florida, alongside two future Habitat homeowners.
- Sur La Table Stores: At-register or online donations will be available and a portion of the proceeds from sales of Scanpan cookware will benefit Habitat.