Free Thanks To Sponsorship by SubmittableAccess Recording (Free)
2020 was a year of historic extremes as hurricanes, fires and other natural disasters ravaged communities across the country.
Yet, disaster relief and resiliency are often overlooked components of a CSR program. Corporations are among the first to react when disaster strikes, assembling teams to distribute merchandise and aid as quickly as possible. However, the effort is most effective and impactful when it’s been planned, budgeted for and coordinated with mission-aligned nonprofits and NGOs.
Access this webinar to learn how to proactively plan for natural disasters and include disaster relief as a standard component of your CSR program.
You’ll receive expert insight from Lee Siler, former Senior Manager of Operations and Disaster Support at Walmart Corporation. During his tenure, Lee designed and oversaw disaster relief programs for associates and customers across 5,000 communities in the US and abroad. He’s now the Chief Operating Officer for the American Red Cross’s Missouri and Arkansas region where he directs operational strategy.
Lee described how corporations can work with organizations like the American Red Cross to maximize their disaster planning and response. Throughout the webinar, he also shared examples of how corporations like Walmart come to the aid of staff and customers when disaster strikes – and how you can too.
You will learn:
- How corporations can proactively plan for natural disasters, including best practices and models for disaster response
- How CSR programs can establish partnerships with aligned nonprofits that focus on disaster relief and resiliency
- How corporations can best assist their own staff when disaster strikes
- Ideas for volunteerism, in-kind donations, cash donations and community fundraising
- How to continuously improve your disaster response program