In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Dana Stalker and Rachel Frederick, associate creative directors at Droga5, an advertising agency, that has developed the Emoji Reaction Project. It’s a clever Chrome extension that transforms your negative Facebook emoji reactions into tangible ways to support good causes and fight injustice.
Every time you react with an angry or sad emoji on a post about a particular social or environmental issue, the browser extension prompts you with three options: “Donate,” “Do,” and “Dial.”
- A bit about Droga5
- The genesis of the Emoji Reaction Project
- How this ‘slacktivist-to-activist’ browser extension gives people the options of “Donate,” “Do” or “Dial.” How Droga5 decided on these specific actions.
- How the extension works. It doesn’t respond every time you post an angry emoji – it’s smarter than that!
- Whether Droga5 is preselecting nonprofits to which users can donate
- One cause area is seeming to get more traction than others
- The response so far from users
- What’s been most surprising about the roll out of this initiative
Emoji Reaction Project