In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Mike Richardson, Vice President of Marketing, Casey’s General Stores, a 2000-store convenience store chain in 15 states, about their recent charity pinup fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The $1.35 million raised will be used to help send kids with muscular dystrophy to MDA Summer Camp.
On the show, Megan, Mike and Joe discuss:
- How the partnership with MDA got started and what the funds help MDA accomplish
- Casey’s approach to point of sale efforts
- Automated asks at the credit card pin pad vs. cashier asks
- Incentives and bounce-back coupons
- How else Casey’s supports MDA
- The business benefit of working with MDA?
- What customers think of Casey’s charitable efforts
- How Casey’s communicates the results of this campaign with customers and employees
- How this particular effort fits into Casey’s larger CSR or social impact strategy
Casey’s General Store