In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to George Khalaf, Executive Director, Empatico. Empatico is a $20 million initiative from The KIND Foundation, started by KIND Snacks, to broaden kids’ world views through meaningful interactions with peers across the globe. The free online learning tool will enable students to practice communication and leadership skills needed to succeed in a divided country and interdependent world.
On the show, Megan, George and Joe discuss:
- The backstory on how Empatico got started.
- Why Empatico is focusing on 3rd and 4th grade students
- Is Empatico a nonprofit organization?
- Why did KIND choose to start an entirely new organization to connect kids across the globe?
- How George became involved in Empatico
- How involved KIND is with day-to-day activities
- How long Empatico has funding from KIND
- What George has learned so far.
- What challenges Empatico has encountered as they’re trying to roll out this new platform
- George’s vision for the future of Empatico