In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Steven Bautista, Karma Kommando at Zappos, about Friends on Us Fridays, new initiative furthering the brand’s commitment to animal advocacy and pet adoption.
Beginning this month, Zappos for Good in partnership with the North Shore Animal League America, will sponsor adoptions at select shelters across 15 states and 36 cities every Friday leading up to the launch of the annual Home for the Pawlidayz campaign on Nov. 24th. This means that Zappos will cover all qualifying adoption fees for select shelters each Friday, for both dogs and cats!
*Audio note* we had some audio challenges this week so Joe’s voice sounds a bit off – forgive the audio this time around but listen in for the great content!
On the show, Megan, Steven and Joe discuss:
- The background of Zappos for Good and how it got started.
- Why Zappos originally decided to focus on shelter animals and expand the program with Friends on Us Fridays.
- How Zappos got involved with North Shore Animal League America and what makes for a good nonprofit partner.
- How cause campaigns help Zappos connect with their customers and employees in a unique and positive way.
- How employees are getting involved in the campaign.
- How consumers have responded to the program.
- How Zappos has included merchandise to Friends on Us Fridays and what it’s added to the campaign.
- What other cause-related initiatives Zappos is involved in.
- How Zappos narrowed its cause-focus to two signature programs.
- What lessons Zappos has learned in building a strong purpose brand.
- Will Zappos be selling doggie and kitty shoes any time soon?