In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Sloane Lucas, Manager, Corporate Citizenship, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, about their cause marketing efforts on behalf of Operation Homefront whose mission is to build strong, stable and secure military families so that they can thrive in the communities they’ve given so much to protect.
One creative fundraiser launched last summer was Operation Rocker. With the purchase of a rocker on Cracker Barrel’s website, the company donated an adult rocker to Operation Homefront. Cracker Barrel also offered this same opportunity for each eligible rocker cushion set purchased online during this time.
On the show, Megan, Sloane, and Joe discuss:
- What is Operation Homefront and how did Cracker Barrel begin working with them?
- Operation Rocker is a new, major initiative for Cracker Barrel. They promoted both online and in stores.
- The first year they sold/donated 700 rockers.
- Why Cracker Barrel chose rockers instead of food for its cause marketing promotion. Rockers are an iconic part of their brand.
- What was Operation Homefront’s process for distributing the rockers?
- How Cracker Barrel promoted the program. Lots of social media, including paid media.
- How Rockefeller Plaza was transformed into ROCKER-feller plaza with the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store rocking chairs on FOX & Friends.
- How important it is for nonprofits to be social media savvy and have a client-centered mentality.
- Joe tests Sloane’s knowledge of Cracker Barrel with trivia!
Sloane Lucas on Twitter