Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to David J. Neff, author, speaker and consultant for PwC. Dave is also the founder of Lights. Camera. Help., a nonprofit that is dedicated to encouraging cause-driven organizations to use film and video to tell their stories.
On today’s show, Dave, Megan and Joe discuss:
- A new nonprofit crowdfunding bill of rights that Dave and his team are seeking comments and feedback.
- What is the best way for nonprofits to use and profit from crowdfunding?
- The importance of transparency to nonprofit success – and the need for nonprofits to be as accountable as businesses and crowdfunding platforms when it comes to meeting expectations.
- The need for nonprofits to proceed with caution in dealing with the many new platforms coming online and offering crowdfunding services. It’s the wild-west out there right now!
- The need for a clear strategy before using crowdfunding (e.g. Having 10 to 15 percent already committed before you launch a campaign; Not launching a crowdfunder after a major campaign).