Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe chat with Alison DaSilva, Executive Vice President, Cone Communications about how to start a career in cause marketing.
We get calls and emails every week from people who want a job in cause marketing. Most of them are recent college grads, or already have a job in fundraising, marketing, advertising or public relations.
What they all share is a desire to work at the intersection of philanthropy, marketing and business.
On today’s show, we discuss:
- Alison’s journey to a career in cause marketing from college to the nonprofit world to a 17-year career at one of the top cause marketing agencies.
- What’s the best academic and professional background for recent college graduates and career-changers.
- Why internships are the key to breaking into the field.
- Why cause marketing careers in the nonprofit world are made not born.
- Why every cause marketer needs to be a salesperson.
- The difference between doing cause marketing for a nonprofit, a business or an agency – and why Alison thinks the latter may be the best!
- How Cone Communications on-boards new employees.
Mentioned In This Post
Tune in now via iTunes or Stitcher. Can’t see the player bar above? Click here to go directly to the Cause Update website to listen online.