Purpose is no longer just for Business-to-Consumer organizations. In this webinar, you’ll hear about new research directly from industry expert Carol Cone. She reveals the growing influence of purpose in Business-to-Business (B2B) companies, driven by fundamental shifts in society, the marketplace and people’s expectations. B2B companies recognize purpose as an opportunity and powerful differentiator, especially for retention and recruitment of the best talent. Yet, B2Bs are still early in their purpose journeys. The gap between those who understand the importance of purpose and those who undertake the work necessary to truly activate it within their organization is the purpose paradox. Cone ties research findings to the role of B2B companies in the COVID-19 pandemic and shares how purpose is helping them navigate this unprecedented global event.
You will learn:
- The paradox between how B2Bs approach purpose: 86% have a ‘Stated Purpose,’ or clear understanding of their reason for being beyond profits, while less than a quarter have ‘Activated Purpose,’ or deeply-embedded purpose that influences culture, operations, innovation and more.
- How to activate Believers, a powerful segment of employees that say companies with purpose will be more successful than those without. Focusing on Believers should be the goal of B2B organizations that seek business growth concurrently with a positive impact on their stakeholders and society.
- Why B2B organizations embrace purpose, and where purpose does or doesn’t perform for the company – from attracting and retaining talent to driving sales.
- The 8 key principles for B2B companies to evolve and advance along their purpose journeys.
- Which B2B companies are standing out and giving back amid the COVID-19 pandemic