CARLE PLACE, N.Y., Oct. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLWS) today introduced a special collection of eight holiday gifts to benefit Smile FarmsSM, a non-profit organization which provides employment in agricultural settings to individuals with developmental disabilities. This is the first year the company has offered a seasonal gift collection to support Smile Farms, its signature philanthropic partner.
Starting today through December 24, customers can shop the collection here and the company will donate 20 percent* of the Net Proceeds from each gift purchased from the collection to Smile Farms.
Established by the McCann family of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. in 2015, Smile Farms creates much-needed jobs for adults with disabilities and enables them to contribute and flourish in the communities where they live. The organization currently employs developmentally disabled adults and serves adults and children with disabilities through its seven locations in the U.S. – and counting.
“During this season of sharing, we are pleased to offer our customers an opportunity to give back through this special collection of gifts,” said Chris McCann, Chief Executive Officer, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. “Everyone who knows and loves someone with developmental disabilities understands how important it is for them to have a sense of belonging by contributing in their community. As a company, we are committed to helping Smile Farms in its mission to empower this underserved population and provide even more differently-abled individuals the opportunity to flourish.”
“We are so grateful to 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. for its ongoing collaboration and support of our organization,” said Jodi Taggart, Senior Director, Smile Farms. “Funds raised from this holiday collection will help us provide developmentally disabled adults with wonderful work opportunities at local farms, urban gardens, greenhouses and farm stands in the communities where they live. From a company that is all about gifting and sharing, we couldn’t ask for a better holiday gift than this initiative.”
The special holiday collection features a curated assortment of gifts from across the company’s portfolio of brands:
- 1-800-Flowers.com® Peppermint Roses ($51.99): Inspired by the classic peppermint pinwheel candy, our festive red and white blooms come in a hearty gathering of 18 stems and arrive budding to provide lasting beauty and enjoyment.
- Harry & David® Savory Snack Tin ($49.99): This gift includes rice cracker trail mix, delicious hickory-smoked summer sausage, premium mixed nuts and much more. Everything is hand-packed into a festive, reusable tin and topped with a hand-tied bow.
- Moose Munch® Premium Popcorn Mini Holiday Tin ($24.99): Moose Munch Premium Popcorn is everybody’s favorite anytime snack crafted in the Pacific Northwest using only the finest ingredients. This festive sampler tin includes dark chocolate, milk chocolate and classic caramel flavors.
- Wolferman’s® Bakery Sampler Box ($24.99): Enjoy a taste of Wolferman’s with this assortment of delectable bakery treats and our smooth Tiffin blend coffee. Includes our extra-thick signature English muffins, a delicious apple loaf cake, an incredible scone with chunks of rich dark chocolate and a tasty cinnamon roll with icing.
- Cheryl’s Cookies® Snowflake Cookie Pail ($39.99): Send cheer to friends and family with this delightful metal snowflake gift pail overflowing with our signature buttercream frosted holiday cut-outs.
- The Popcorn Factory® Snow Day Popcorn Tin ($36.00): Everybody loves a snow day! This whimsical 2-gallon tin is filled with our classic favorite butter, cheese and caramel flavors.
- Simply Chocolate® Divine Distinction Gift Tower ($89.99): Amaze and delight any chocolate lover with this gift. The distinctive black and gold boxes hold chocolate cravings like almond bark, dessert truffles, butter almond toffee squares, dark chocolate caramel pretzel clusters, Tuxedo Decadence nut mix and chocolate covered grahams.
- 1-800-Baskets.com® Premier Favorites Sweets & Treats Gift Basket ($69.99): Even the most discriminating will love these luscious treats. This stylish basket is brimming with favorites like caramel popcorn, frosted buttercream & snickerdoodle cookies, dark chocolate truffles, kettle corn clusters and much more!
Shoppers can also save while giving back to Smile Farms by becoming a member of the Celebrations Passport® loyalty program, which offers free standard shipping and no service charge for one full year on purchases made across the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. portfolio of brands.
*Net Proceeds is defined as the gross sales price of the eligible product purchased excluding any and all taxes, service charges, shipping and handling charges and less any discounts, gift certificates, promotional offers, credits, rebates, chargebacks, refunds and credit card processing fees. Products in the Smile FarmsSM collection are not eligible for discounts or combinable with offers. Void where prohibited.
About 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is a leading provider of gifts for all celebratory occasions. For more than 40 years, 1-800-Flowers.com® has been delivering smiles to customers with a 100% Smile Guarantee® backing every gift. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands also includes everyday gifting and entertaining products from 1-800-Baskets.com®, Cheryl’s Cookies®, FruitBouquets.com®, Harry & David®, Moose Munch®, The Popcorn Factory®, Wolferman’s®, Personalization Universe®, Simply Chocolate®, and GoodseySM. Additionally, the Company offers top-quality steaks and chops from Stock Yards®. The Celebrations Passport® loyalty program, which provides members with free standard shipping and no service charge across the Company’s portfolio of brands, is designed to deepen relationships with customers. BloomNet®, an international floral wire service operated by the Company, provides a broad-range of products and services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably. The Company also operates NapcoSM, a resource for floral gifts and seasonal décor and DesignPac Gifts, LLC, a manufacturer of gift baskets and towers. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. received the Gold award in the “Mobile Payments and Commerce” category at the Mobile Marketing Association 2018 Global Smarties Awards and was named to the Stores® 2017 Hot 100 Retailers List by the National Retail Federation. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS.
SOURCE 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.