Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Randy Paynter, Founder and CEO of Care2, a social network of 32 million citizen-activists who are using and supporting petitions to make the world a better place.
Megan, Randy and Joe discuss:
- The incredible success of Care2. They’ve succeeded where many, many others have failed.
- The focus of the site on online petitions – and building a community.
- How the site traffic is driven mainly through social networks, especially Facebook.
- How Care2 works with partners – both nonprofit and for-profit.
- The role of gamification on the site and how Care2 is using incentives to create a positive experience for members and partners.
- The challenge of working with companies – and why they have to turn most businesses down!
- The evolution of petitions for businesses and how they’ve gone from avoiding to embracing them.
- Details on their “Cecil The Lion” petition, their fastest-growing petition ever.
- Why Care2 isn’t asking members for donations.
- Care2’s direct efforts to turn petitions into real changes in the world.