Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Genevieve Martin, Executive Director of the Dave’s Killer Bread Foundation, about the brand’s success with “Second Chance Employment” for people with criminal backgrounds. The goal of the newly created foundation is to offer inspiration and advice to businesses who want to join Dave’s as second chance employers.
Megan, Genevieve and Joe discuss:
- How to pronounce ‘Genevieve’ and the difference between Milwaukee, WI and Milwaukie, OR.
- The background of Dave’s Killer Bread and how it got it started with Dave Dahl, who founded the brand after 15-years in and out of prison.
- How Dave’s Killer Bread has opened its doors to people with criminal records and given them a second chance.
- Why Dave’s Killer Bread started a foundation, instead of working with nonprofits, and how it’s funded.
- The challenge of getting other businesses to join Dave’s in hiring people with criminal records.
- How customers have responded to the program and their enthusiastic support for “second chances.”
- How Dave’s is using the Second Chance Summit to educate other companies about their practices.
- What’s the future of cause marketing for the Dave’s Killer Bread Foundation?
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to CauseTalk Radio in iTunes!