Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Jamie Richardson, Vice President at White Castle, about the quick-serve chain’s register fundraiser for Autism Speaks that raised $909,000 – a 48 percent increase over the previous year.
Megan, Jamie, and Joe discuss:
• The storied past of White Castle. “What Ford did for cars, White Castle did for hamburgers!”
• In the 7th year of their program with Autism Speaks, White Castle raised nearly $1 million.
• The importance of engaging, gamifying and incentivizing White Castle team members.
• Giving customers the option to donate $1, $3 or $5 was critical to the growth of the program.
• How White Castle ran a “March Madness” like contest that really got managers and employees engaged week-to-week.
• How White Castle incentivized and rewarded customers who supported the fundraiser.
• The background of the White Castle onion and hamburger scented candle that’s been such a hot seller!
• The challenge of “fast-food cause marketing” and the ethics of supporting health causes.
Mentioned & Related To This Post
White Castle on Wikipedia
Take That Critics: Consumers Like Donating at the Register
Ep125: Men’s Wearhouse is Well Suited for Collection Drive
Why White Castle’s Cause Marketing is Better than KFC’s
The Fast Food Guide to Good Cause Marketing