Website Make-A-Wish America
Partners with the VP of Corporate Alliances to develop strategy and annual goals. Implements team strategy and stewardship, including account management and cultivation, workplace giving and in-kind opportunities to support the mission of Make-A-Wish. Leads, coaches and develops the Corporate Alliances team. Oversees adherence to related performance standards, and compliance with legal and accounting requirements.
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Strategic Mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Manages Conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Drives Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the non-profit special events and media relations with an understanding of workplace giving programs.
- Possess sound knowledge of nonprofit best practices, with ability to translate into strategic plans, as well as day to day operations.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills that inspire and motivate others to succeed.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, public speaking, sales and presentation skills.
- Engage effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Organize work, prioritize, and delegate to meet deadlines, and make timely decisions with sound judgment.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving $50MM+ in revenue and resources to support the mission and work of Make-A-Wish. Budgetary oversight for $2MM in expenses. Responsible for reconciliation with finance.
- Develops and implements team goals in recognition and support of the organization’s goals, mission and strategic plan; tracks progress and provides updates to MAW executive leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring infrastructure and systems are in place, including tracking systems for Raiser’s Edge, follow-up communications with sponsors and chapters, financial reporting, chapter distributions, etc. allowing for maximum operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Collaborates with Director, Corporate Sponsorships to transition new sponsorships from the new sales team to the established sales team.
- Provides direction and support to the established sales team to ensure proper management and growth of existing sponsors, oversight of the team’s contracts and financial health.
- Directs corporate alliances strategies related to the management and cultivation of corporate sponsors and donors to ensure existing sponsors are serviced, rights and benefits are delivered, new sponsorship assets are identified, and communications are flowing. Provides a leadership role in the ongoing cultivation and growth of corporate programs.
- Protects Make-A-Wish brand by providing overall guidance and direction to corporate alliances team ensuring adherence to performance standards, and compliance with BBB and PICS requirements.
- Provides guidance and support to chapters on matters of corporate alliances strategy, programs and cultivation.
- Serves as department’s representative in management meetings and deliberations.
- Participates in development of training opportunities specific to department functions for chapters, leadership and staff.
- Educates department staff, National Office colleagues, and chapters in department sponsorship cultivation operating procedures and policy guideline interpretation.
- Serves as a liaison to other National Office departments to ensure consistency and accuracy of information exchanged with various audiences.
- Performs other related job duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field. Master’s degree in preferred.
- Minimum of 5 – 7+ years in the field of business development, marketing, sales, strategic alliances or related field; 8 – 10 years experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in a management or leadership role required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required, as well as Internet and other software applications.
- Working knowledge of Better Business Bureau standards regarding charitable solicitations desired.
- Work in an office environment
- Some travel required
- May require work outside a traditional Monday – Friday work week, and outside normal business hours.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.wish.org/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=578&company_id=16493&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992442&level=levelid2&levelid2=36340&startflag=3#sm.0001v69a0w1afqcvwpswfm5b45wj1 →