Position Summary: The Corporate and Foundations Relations (CFR) team is responsible for generating revenue for Best Friends Animal Society to support organizational priorities and life saving work. The corporate team seeks to match the needs of Best Friends with corporate and media partners that align with our mission and help deliver tangible impact through both philanthropic giving and consumer-focused marketing platforms.
The Senior Manager, Business Development will proactively generate new national cause partnerships (corporate and media) that drive revenue, awareness and engagement for Best Friends and its mission. Working with the Director of Corporate and Foundations Relations, the Senior Manager will develop and execute a strategy to attract new six- and seven-figure relationships with companies/organizations that seek to invest in positive, long-term outcomes for shelter pets while delivering on company’s social responsibility, business and marketing goals. With a new focus on a flagship call-to-action campaign, the Senior Manager will develop and lead the prospecting strategy, customize proposals, and evaluate leads for best organizational fit. The Senior Manager will oversee outside Agency in developing new business tools (i.e., campaign sales materials and toolkits).
As a member of a four-person team, the Senior Manager, Business Development will oversee a team of Business Development Managers, and actively contribute toward overall strategic and collective revenue goals for the department, and collaborate within and across departments to maximize opportunities for the organization.
- Responsibility for contributing to the Corporate Partnership team’s mainly unrestricted revenue targets and brand awareness goals, and meeting specific annual individual goals.
- Development and continual refinement of a robust corporate partnership pipeline.
- Identify and proactively outreach to prospects and key contacts within identified categories and companies.
- Collaborate with Director on developing the media partnership strategy, including lead development, revenue and and non-revenue goals, and identifying necessary resources for execution and management.
- Ongoing pursuit and management of prospects in developing comprehensive partnership strategy, development and delivery of partnership presentations.
- Lead the negotiation, execution and stewardship of partnership contracts.
- Transition of new partnerships to account management team and coordination around renewals/expansion of partnerships.
- Track personal progress of revenue goals via shared system to ensure staff is informed of needs and progress to goals.
- Ensure Director is briefed on all aspects of progress, needs, issues, and successes.
- Collaborate with other Development areas (Major Gifts, Foundations, Workplace Giving) to enhance portfolio of prospects for each giving area, and identify cross-promotional opportunities to maximize partnership impact.
- Collaborate with Marketing and internal departments to effectively integrate and activate new partnerships.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Work closely with other team members to assign leads by category, geography, and/or expertise, and support co-owned revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- 8-10 years experience in nonprofit strategic business development with a proven track record of developing high-value cause-related consumer-oriented partnerships ($500K+).
- Experience in developing media partnerships, negotiating terms and valuing non-cash contributions with national media platforms.
- Transferable business contacts a plus.
- Experience with effective account management and partner stewardship.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends’ mission and position on issues.
- Experience developing thoughtful, customized, corporate presentations.
- Superior presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm for Best Friends Animal Society’s mission.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Flexibility and ability to simultaneously work on a number of projects.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills are imperative for success.
- Strong technical aptitude including experience working with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Must be willing to travel, approximately ⅓-½ time via various forms of public transportation on behalf of organization business. (Occasional weekend travel to attend meetings at the Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah and to various Best Friends events around the country.)
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://bestfriends.org/about-best-friends/careers →