In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Andrei Cherny, CEO and Co-Founder of Aspiration, a financial firm that helps investors make money and make a difference. The firm has also launched an app – Aspiration Impact Measurement (AIM) – that lets investors see the impact they’re making on people and the planet based on where they are shopping and spending every day.
On the show, Megan, Andrei and Joe discuss:
- What is Aspiration and why Andrei started it
- The difference between socially responsible investing and impact investing
- The personal sustainability score for Aspiration banking customers: what AIM is all about
- Factors that go into company ratings on AIM
- How Aspiration rates one business over another, particularly smaller local businesses and whether charitable giving factors into the equation
- Feedback from rated companies and consumers about AIM
- Will Aspiration ever make this tool available to people who aren’t yet customers?