In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Alex Meysman, national event director at Love Your Melon (LYM). The online retailer donates 50% of the profits from each sale made to find a cure for pediatric cancer and to support families impacted by cancer.
From LYM’s Cyber Monday sales alone, they donated over $400,000 to Pinky Swear Foundation and CureSearch. The sales for LYM were the highest the company has seen since its inception in 2013.
But the truly amazing thing about LYM is its success motivating millennials to purchase cause-related products. LYM merchandise often sells out at soon as it hits the website, an accomplishment that must leave many national brands green with envy!
On the show, Megan, Alex and Joe discuss:
- How LYM got started by two college students.
- LYM raised $2.5 million in 2016.
- Why the co-founders decided to focus on hats and pediatric cancer.
- The success LYM had on Cyber Monday. They didn’t even discount their products!
- How LYM has activated “Campus Crews” as brand ambassadors.
- How LYM uses social media to spread its message. Facebook and Instagram are key channels.
- What challenges has LYM faced as its grown? What have they learned?